Training & Development Coordinator, Human Resources
NewGround is an experiential design-build firm that specializes in creating custom financial, healthcare and corporate facilities. Using our in-depth strategic process, we work to align a client’s new building with their brand and their culture. We believe that structure without strategic purpose is just windows and walls, and that a beautiful building is measured by how beautifully it functions.
We look in, then build up.
Training & Development Coordinator, HR performs HR-related duties on a professional level supporting initiatives, projects and plans. Partners with the Vice President of Human Resources and the management team to assist in the design, development, coordination, and presentation of training and development programs.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Possess customer/client service orientation
- Respectful and outstanding leadership skills that motivates staff to exceed expectations
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain job descriptions
- Assist in the management and administration of employee benefits including open enrollment, claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees
- Assist in the administration of paid time off records for all employees
- Assist in the process of annual employee evaluations
- Maintain electronic data and files for employee records
- Respond to employee inquiries about HR processes and practices as appropriate
- Update forms and HR information on the company intranet
- Deliver orientation for new hires
- Coordinate employee activities and events including:
- United Way
- Quarterly Retirement Savings Plan meetings
- Company Blood Drives
- Company Community Events
- Partners with leadership to determine training needs
- Assess training needs and make recommendations regarding format, delivery and schedule
- Build training curriculums from the ground up
- Manage and develop training programs based on business initiatives
- Modify existing programs for appropriate changes
- Design and deliver training material in various formats
- Distribute training aids such as instructional material, handouts, evaluation forms, and visual aids
- Evaluate and manage external vendors and products for training
- Assess and build a management training program
- Perform all other related work, as assigned or as apparent[i]
- Enthusiasm for maintaining/expanding NewGround Culture and programs
- Relate to all levels of personnel
- Must handle confidential matters and information with discretion
- Able to handle multiple tasks while maintaining high attention to detail
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize work
Education And/Or Experience Prerequisites:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3 - 8 years of professional experience in human resources
- Experience in design of classroom training is required
- Experience in delivery of classroom training is desired
St. Louis, MO (Chesterfield)
NewGround’s operational headquarters are in Chesterfield, MO, with principal offices in Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; Portsmouth, NH and Ontario, Canada.
Why Our People Love Working at NewGround:
- We provide a comprehensive total compensation package with benefits.
- NewGround values having fun while doing what you love—that’s evidenced by the fact that we have over 50 employees that have been with the company for over 10 years.
- We understand the importance of an employee’s first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, we’ve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership team both, virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is to our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- NewGround recognizes that it’s key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees’ balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to community. Our offices in St. Louis, Atlanta, and Portsmouth continuously find new ways to get involved whether it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.
NewGround’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
Qualified candidates should email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or simply apply online at http://careers.newground.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE DO NOT UTILIZE STAFFING SERVICES.
NewGround is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.newground.com.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This document does not create an employment contract. Employees are employed on an “at will” basis and may be terminated at any time for any reason or no reason at all.