NewGround is an experiential design-build firm that specializes in creating custom financial, healthcare and corporate facilities. Using our in-depth strategic process, we work to align a client’s new building with their brand and their culture. We believe that structure without strategic purpose is just windows and walls, and that a beautiful building is measured by how beautifully it functions.
We look in, then build up.
Assist Purchasing Manager to provide centralized purchasing of furniture and other NewGround furnished items for all projects and for all US-based NewGround offices.
- Above average proficiency in 20/20 CAP Worksheet
- Proficient reviewing of furniture plans/installation drawings
- Proficient reviewing of general floor plans
- Proficient in navigating furniture manufacturers’ websites and price books
- Attention to detail is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding of general mathematics
- Ability to communicate on a professional level
- Directly assist Purchasing Manager to estimate, purchase, schedule, warehouse and coordinate installation of furniture
- Procurement of all furniture
- Identify any issues with furniture availability and/or long lead items
- Secure local installation company and issue subcontract
- Review manufacturers’ acknowledgements for errors
- Process manufacturers’ invoices for payment
- Schedule furniture installation for all projects, working closely with Project Manager
- Review and resolve any furniture punch issues at end of project
- Provide furniture depreciation lists, if requested, for clients’ personal property insurance reporting
- On a rotation basis, relief coverage for switchboard/reception
- Perform all other related work, as assigned or as apparent[i]
- PROJECT TEAM
- Participate in internal Project Team meetings
- Communicate with internal and external Project Team effectively
- Support Build Team as needed to ensure project success
- Communicate design or material delivery issues to ensure no impact to schedule or cost
- Report significant project related issues to Interior Design Team and/or Project Manager
- Willing to work long hours
- Maintain positive can-do attitude
- Willing to accept all assigned work
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Aid other members of Project Team
- Minimal travel requirements possible
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Minimum of one year of professional experience in contract furniture purchasing required
- Must be familiar with contract furniture specification and installation process
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
- LEED accreditation is preferred
St. Louis, MO (Chesterfield)
NewGround’s operational headquarters are in Chesterfield, MO with principal offices in Chicago, IL, Atlanta, GA, Portsmouth, NH, Honolulu, HI and Ontario, Canada.
About NewGround Video
Why Our People Love Working at NewGround:
- We provide a comprehensive total compensation package with benefits.
- NewGround values having fun while doing what you love—that’s evidenced by the fact that we have over 50 employees that have been with the company for over 10 years.
- We understand the importance of an employee’s first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, we’ve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership team both, virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is to our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- NewGround recognizes that it’s key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees’ balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to community. Our offices in St. Louis, Atlanta, and Portsmouth continuously find new ways to get involved whether it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.
NewGround’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
Qualified candidates should email resume to email@example.com or simply apply online at http://careers.newground.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE DO NOT UTILIZE STAFFING SERVICES.
NewGround is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.newground.com.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This document does not create an employment contract. Employees are employed on an “at will” basis and may be terminated at any time for any reason or no reason at all.