DESIGN DIRECTOR, ARCHITECTURE
Adrenaline is an experience design agency that creates and implements brands and retail environments. From idea through implementation, from physical to digital, from one channel to the next, we create it – then fuse it all together. Our reach is local, global and multidimensional. Our product is experiences that redefine the way companies and consumers interact, and connect everywhere the two come in contact. The result is disruptive experience design that creates brand everywhereness – converting brand affection into consumer action.
The senior architectural designer and director will create and develop overall design concepts, formulate design presentation strategies, and provide innovative design leadership to multiple project teams through all phases. This position will lead, coach and develop a team of architectural design professionals and report directly to the NH Design Studio Director with direct line of communication to the Experience Design Strategist.
- Responsible for strategic aspects of architectural planning, developing conceptual strategies and designs, leading the process of design creation, ideations, concept development and concept presentation
- Leads, manages, coaches and develops the architectural design team
- Work with Senior Management in business development efforts
- Oversee execution of all architectural design efforts of the retail experience design studio to ensure overall quality and are on strategy, on budget and on schedule
- Guide and instruct and design staff towards better design solutions
- Provide daily interactions with design team – lead, coach, mentor and develop the retail experience design process and interface with Studio Director, client and teams as needed
- Collaborate with Studio Director and Retail Experience Design Strategist on process, resourcing and strategic planning to maintain a streamlined, inspired and efficient design team elevating design excellence to support the Company’s growth strategies
- Conduct performance reviews on an annual basis for direct reports
- Develop training process and track for effectiveness and areas for improvement
- Evaluate and apply techniques to expand design talent, expertise, technical skills and presentation skills
- Maintains external professional relationships to ensure ongoing availability of specialized expertise, and reputable designers when their service is required
- Maintains current knowledge of design trends in the retail/financial/hospitality industry and monitors global trends, new design techniques, trends and applicable software
- Foster a positive, creative, collaborative and inspirational atmosphere
Skills & Experience:
- 15+ years’ professional experience in retail/financial/health care environmental design
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or a related field
- Experience creating and developing overall design concepts and formulating design presentation strategies with an understanding of trends in large, Company / core architectural design
- Strong knowledge of construction documents and ability to manage/review them
- Strong knowledge of project development and building and ADA codes
- Strong knowledge of permit and development procedures
- Maintains currency in proposed/potential changes in design principles
- Strong financial management and analysis skills
- Strong leadership, management and coaching skills
- Proven track record of success in maintaining and growing client relationships
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships across the agency, with clients, and with other key constituents
- Strong, persuasive communicator with excellent verbal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex design concepts to clients
- A sense of business acumen to advise and guide clients as required
- Ability to use 2D/3D software, including Revit, AutoCAD, 3D Studio MAX, Sketch up, PhotoShop, In Design and Illustrator, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of the total project process including fee and team management, schedules and budgets.
Portsmouth, NH (Boston area)
Adrenaline’s operational headquarters are in Portsmouth, NH with principal offices in Chesterfield, MO, Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; and Ontario, Canada.
Adrenaline’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
Qualified candidates should email resume to email@example.com or simply apply online at http://careers.adrenalineagency.com.
No phone calls please. We do not utilize the services of search firms.
Adrenaline is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.adrenalineagency.com.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This document does not create an employment contract. Employees are employed on an “at will” basis and may be terminated at any time for any reason or no reason at all.