Senior Architectural Designer, Retail
Adrenaline is an experience design agency that creates and implements brands and retail environments. From idea through implementation, from physical to digital, from one channel to the next, we create it – then fuse it all together. Our reach is local, global and multidimensional. Our product is experiences that redefine the way companies and consumers interact, and connect everywhere the two come in contact. The result is disruptive experience design that creates brand everywhereness – converting brand affection into consumer action.
We are a high-paced retail design studio comprised of a combination of interior designers, architectural designers, and environmental graphic designers, engaged in creating exceptional environments and customer experiences. As a multidisciplinary group focused on brands, we are a one-stop shop for ground-up building design, interior design, store planning, and environmental graphics to a variety of clients across multiple industries.
As a key member of the RED (Retail Experience Design) Team, the Senior Architectural Designer will lead store design efforts inclusive of store test fits, ground-up build, tenant fit-outs, and major/minor remodels. In this role, the designer will work collaboratively with the internal design team, marketing, retail merchandising, construction and facilities, architects, engineers, contractors and vendors to successfully complete projects on time and on budget.
The ideal candidate has 8+ years of commercial/store design experience with a track record of creating and executing innovative architectural and interior design solutions. Service retail, financial retail, workplace, and/or hospitality experience is a plus. Domestic travel is a requirement of this position, as is the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
• Candidate must demonstrate a high level of creativity in all aspects of architectural exterior and interior design, including but not limited to:
— Siting of buildings
— Building massing
— Space planning
— Storefront/existing exteriors
— Knowledge of exterior materials
— Millwork design
— Elevations/RCP/detailing as needed
— Furniture layouts
— FFE specification
• Demonstrate flexibility in working styles and types of deliverables
• Propose and develop building and interior space planning
• Provide high level consultation on building design and structure
• Translate Adrenaline design principles / objectives into unique spaces
• Demonstrate 3D visualization ability
• Demonstrate knowledge of color and design principles
• Ability to balance design with operational needs and budget objectives
• Lead the development of design projects including but not limited to:
— Client communication
— Mood boards
— Conceptual design
— Schematic design
— Design intent documentation
• Manage relevant contributors through the design process, including internal and external design resources, and outside consultants
• Manage and communicate with clients and their teams; “own” client relationship
• Demonstrate working knowledge of code analysis and technical solutions
• Ability to manage and execute multiple designs and projects under tight deadlines, sometimes 10-15 projects at different stages of development/execution
• Ability to communicate design with hand sketches / drawings
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent
• 10+ Years of relevant experience in retail, hospitality, mixed use/entertainment architecture and design
• Excellent skills in Adobe Suite, AutoCAD, Sketch-up, MS Office; Revit skills a plus
• Outstanding presentation skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and communicate design ideas and direction and work to meet tight deadlines
• Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills
• High level of flexibility and willingness to learn
Location: Portsmouth, NH (Boston area)
Adrenaline’s operational headquarters are in Portsmouth, NH with principal offices in Chesterfield, MO, Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; and Ontario, Canada.
Adrenaline’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
Qualified candidates should email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or simply apply online at http://careers.adrenalineagency.com.
No phone calls please. We do not utilize the services of search firms.
Adrenaline is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.adrenalineagency.com.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This document does not create an employment contract. Employees are employed on an “at will” basis and may be terminated at any time for any reason or no reason at all.