Construction Project Superintendent (multiple US locations)
NewGround is an experiential design-build firm that specializes in creating custom financial, healthcare and corporate facilities. Using our in-depth strategic process, we work to align a client’s new building with their brand and their culture. We believe that structure without strategic purpose is just windows and walls, and that a beautiful building is measured by how beautifully it functions.
We look in, then build up.
The Project Manager (actual job title for NewGround) provides on-site direction for all aspects of construction for their assigned project. Required skills include knowledge of materials, methods, processes, procedures and equipment involved in the construction of buildings and related site work. Manage project costs to insure completion within budget expectations. Work with Regional Vice President of Construction to develop the project schedule in critical path steps and budget time required to meet deadlines. Inspect and review projects construction in progress to enforce compliance with plans, specifications, building and safety codes. Schedule and direct all subcontractors and vendors through all activities to full completion of the project. Hold extensive knowledge of principles and processes for providing client satisfaction in meeting quality, cost and schedule expectations. Work directly with Regional Vice President of Construction and the “Build” Team through the entire project construction process
- Strong ability to read and understand plans and specifications, comprehensive knowledge of commercial construction means, methods and best practices and related systems
- Ability to schedule projects in “Critical Path” progression and budget time required to meet milestones and deadlines
- Interpret and clarify plans and contract terms to subcontractors professionally
- Draft and submit subcontracts, purchase orders, Subcontractor change orders to RVPC for release
- Generate client change orders for RVPC review, approval and release
- Assist RVPC in developing project budgets, estimates and progress including cost tracking reports
- Evaluate plans, specifications and related construction documents for “Constructability”
- Work with Regional Vice President of Construction to develop responses’ to mitigate weather or environmental delays Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good leadership skills
- Proficient computer skills including Excel, Word and Micro-Soft Project. Proficiency in ProCore preferred.
- Manage all on site construction related activities, subcontractors and venders
- Prepare purchase order and subcontract drafts for RVPC approval
- Purchase and schedule all long lead items
- Obtain all project related permits and licenses from AHJ’s
- Ensure SWPP and environmental requirements are met
- Review and approve subcontractor and vendor pay requisitions and submit to RVPC for final approval
- Schedule delivery and sequence of project materials and work
- Hold weekly site safety meetings
- Hold weekly subcontractor site meetings
- Hold weekly Client update meetings
- Enforce subcontractor compliance with building and safety codes from all Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ’s), implement on site quality control and adherence to plans and specifications.
- Proficient in developing project budget and schedule
- Document project progress and update schedule for review
- Complete and submit all field required reports and logs as required
- Take all site progress photos
- Must be able to successfully manage budgets and schedules of project
- Perform all other related work, as assigned or as apparent
- Must be able to lead on site construction project team
- Ensure regular communications with RVPC and Project team
- Inform project team of design, cost or schedule related items
- Maintain strong client relationship and communicate project status effectively
- Coordinate with A/E team
- Construction quality control expert
- Prepare reports for internal and external communications
- Report project status to RVPC as required
- Complete Project punch list and close out procedures timely
- Participate in internal kick-offs/brainstorming and project debriefs
- Communicate with internal and external project team effectively
- Support construction team as needed to insure project success
- Communicate design or material delivery issues to insure no impact to schedule or cost
- Report significant project related issues to RVPC in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate on a professional level
- Must be willing to work long hours
- Maintain positive can-do attitude, self-motivated
- Willing to accept all assigned work
- Able to multi-task as required
- Exceed Client expectations
- Report project status to Client and Regional Vice President of Construction
- Ensure project completion on-time, on-budget
Education And/or Experience Prerequisites:
** We seek TRAVELING SUPERINTENDENTS with experience in on-site, ground-up, high-end interior/exterior, and multi-story commercial construction, who are willing to travel to the next project once completed. If you do not possess this experience, please do not apply. **
- 5+ years of commercial construction Superintendent experience is required
- Ground-up commercial with high end interior/exterior finishes is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction related field is preferred; commensurate construction related experience will be considered
- Willing to travel to new project locations after construction is complete
- Additional consideration given to LEED AP and other construction industry certifications
• Salt Lake City, UT area
• Santa Clarita, CA area
• Boston, MA area
• South central Missouri
• Tulsa, OK area
• Southwest Missouri
• Pittsburgh, PA area
• Oklahoma City, OK area
NewGround’s operational headquarters are in Chesterfield, MO, with principal offices in Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; Portsmouth, NH and Ontario, Canada.
NewGround’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans,
- 401K Retirement Plan with company match
- Life insurance - company paid with buy-up option
- Long and Short-term Disability
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- Weekly cost of living allowance
Qualified candidates should email resume and project list to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at http://careers.newground.com.
About NewGround Video
Why Our People Love Working at NewGround:
No phone calls please. We do not utilize the services of search firms.
- We provide a comprehensive total compensation package with benefits.
- NewGround values having fun while doing what you love—that’s evidenced by the fact that we have over 50 employees that have been with the company for over 10 years.
- We understand the importance of an employee’s first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, we’ve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership team both, virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is to our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- NewGround recognizes that it’s key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees’ balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to community. Our offices in St. Louis, Atlanta, and Portsmouth continuously find new ways to get involved whether it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.
NewGround is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit us at:
NewGround - www.NewGround.com