NewGround is an experiential design-build firm that specializes in creating custom financial, healthcare and corporate facilities. Using our in-depth strategic process, we work to align a client’s new building with their brand and their culture. We believe that structure without strategic purpose is just windows and walls, and that a beautiful building is measured by how beautifully it functions.
We look in, then build up.
Honolulu, HI (We seek talent located on Oahu only. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT LIVE ON OAHU. YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.)
In this hybrid Project Manager/Construction Manager role, the Program Director (PD), actual title, is primarily responsible for the delivery and overall success of single and multi-project building programs within NewGround. Working directly with (BD) Business Development the PD will help foster long term relationships while providing direction and leadership to the Client, and the project team representing NewGround as one entity holding single-source responsibility for every aspect of the project from the early stages of pre-development through pre-construction, risk assessments, budgeting, planning, design, construction and post-construction, while adding the highest possible value to the organization. Central to the success of this goal is the ability to assist BD in converting potential clients and opportunities into new projects,
- Excellent leadership skills to include mentoring subordinates
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool to develop and implement program evaluation systems; working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and Procore (or similar project management software) is critical
- Some understanding of and experience with Revit, AutoCAD, and other design software platforms is desirable but not required
- Capacity to develop and track CPM schedules for single and multi-project programs; can proactively identify and assess risks and implement effective risk mitigation strategies
- Controls client’s scope and cost to the agreed project baseline while effectively managing fees, schedules, and staffing levels
- Comprehensive knowledge of commercial construction means, methods and best practices and related systems
Proposal / PDA / Master Service Agreement Assistance
- Assist the team in the preparation and development of the opportunity proposal
- Present the proposal to the Client and facilitate negotiations necessary to execute a final contract
- Manage and track all contractual modifications impacting budget and schedule
- Ensure the program deliverables and activities adhere to the PDA and internal policies
Schedule & Fee Management
- Plan the specific project dynamics with the DPM and applicable Project Team Leaders from start to completion and solicit milestones, deadlines, and durations for inclusion within the project schedule
- Orchestrate a team kick-off meeting for the Project Team to discuss project specifics, tasks, individual member responsibilities, fee structures, goal setting, accountability, and provide encouragement
- Oversee the team performance relating to the project schedule, track progress of the project deliverables, and determine the need for any improvements; apply change, risk, and resource management principles when needed
- Maintain current and accurate recording methods relating to the projects budget and schedules to ensure that the project is advancing in proportion to the costs incurred
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Client for all phases of projects, including the early stages of pre-development through pre-construction, risk assessments, budgeting, planning, design, construction and post-construction. Serve as the conduit between the Client and Upper Management through the DPM
- Lead project coordination and conduct team meetings (internally, externally, or combination) to maintain positive project advancement and unity among team members
Management of Deliverables
- Serve as the project leader to coordinate and complete all due diligence efforts on behalf of the Client to ensure the timely advancement of the project
- Manage all aspects of the production of the project deliverables and assure that the deliverables are in alignment with the terms of the Project Development Agreement
- Implement and maintain effective communication to the project team and all stakeholders to ensure full understanding and commitment to the agreed to deliverables
- Coordinate, with project team, the specific platform for presenting deliverables that is in alignment with the current point of project development
- Presents the deliverables, solely or in conjunction with other team members to the Client
Sales Opportunity Advancement
- Serve as partner to Business Development (BD) staff in initial and Pre-PDA meetings
- Identify and recommend potential opportunities for involving and selling additional NewGround resources to the specific project
- Provide technical assistance to BD in the advancement of opportunities by initiating, coordinating, and reviewing proposals with the Director of Program Management (DPM) and Marketing and participating in interviews as directed
- Initiate and set goals for programs with the DPM according to NewGround objectives
- Update the DPM on advancing opportunities and identify the need for internal discussions
- Ability to serve passionately as the primary point of contact for our clients; must have good social, networking, organization, communication, people, and presentation skills; exhibit solid judgement and be able to handle difficult situations with tact, grace, and style.
- Motivate, encourage, support and enable project teams through servant leadership
- Highly motivated and self-starting with the desire to promote the company, project, and team ahead of one’s own personal self-interests and accomplishments
- Demonstrable experience of managing complex multi-faceted projects throughout the full project lifecycle utilizing appropriate estimating, cost control, planning, and commercial awareness, including the preparation of business cases, with a measurable amount of success
- Must be a strong conflict manager with a firm and assertive approach that projects a positive attitude towards all project team members
- Exhibit integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for NewGround’s mission
- Thorough knowledge of construction methods and design/build process
- Willing to work long hours and to travel 60%
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE PREREQUISITES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or a related field required
- 10-15 years of experience in Design/Construction Management or as an Owner’s Representative is required
- Proven experience in construction management required
- Proficiency in MS Project required
- Experience being instrumental in business development preferred
- Proficiency in ProCore preferred
Honolulu, HI (We seek talent located on Oahu only. YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF YOU DO NOT LIVE ON OAHU.)
ABOUT NEWGROUND VIDEO www.newground.com/about
Chicago | Saint Louis | Honolulu |Toronto
WHY OUR PEOPLE LOVE WORKING AT NEWGROUND:
- We provide a comprehensive total compensation package with benefits.
- NewGround values having fun while doing what you love—that’s evidenced by the fact that we have over 50 employees that have been with the company for over 10 years.
- We understand the importance of an employee’s first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, we’ve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership team both, virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is to our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- NewGround recognizes that it’s key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees’ balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to community. Our offices in St. Louis, Atlanta, and Portsmouth continuously find new ways to get involved whether it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.
NewGround’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
Qualified candidates should email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or simply apply online at http://careers.newground.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE DO NOT UTILIZE STAFFING SERVICES.
NewGround is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.newground.com.