Senior Project Accountant
NewGround is an experiential design-build firm that specializes in creating custom financial, healthcare and corporate facilities. Using our in-depth strategic process, we work to align a client’s new building with their brand and their culture. We believe that structure without strategic purpose is just windows and walls, and that a beautiful building is measured by how beautifully it functions.
We look in, then build up.
SUPERVISOR TITLE: Vice President and Controller
The Senior Project Accountant performs various accounting functions primarily related to Strategy, Design and Construction department projects, as well as supporting Construction Managers and Project Managers. This position addresses a variety of accounting activities including project accounting, project analysis, and project invoicing.
- Strong self-directed communication skills, both written and verbal, as you will have contact with senior-level managers, Project Managers, and other Accountants.
- Advanced user skills in Microsoft Office Suite are required, especially in Excel.
- Experience with large ERP automated accounting system is required. Microsoft Dynamics SL is preferred.
- Construction and Percent Complete experience is preferred, including retention, and cost codes.
- Work with department leaders on various aspects of project accounting, invoicing and reporting
- Prepare project status and other detailed information to be used for client billings for Design and Strategy Departments
- Review invoice drafts for accuracy
- Review proposed invoicing with department managers including comparison to forecast
- Manage project profitability reporting and analysis
- Summarize and report construction project savings and excess results
- Manage construction project cash flow reporting
- Includes monitoring and reporting of remaining payment to subcontractors
- Review contracts for each project for costs, fees and other terms to be considered
- Review and audit project cost reporting change orders and allowances to assure full recovery of costs and profitability
- Manage project team compliance with subcontractor compliance management
- Subcontracts, insurance, lien waivers, etc.
- Manage project close out process and timeliness
- Assist accounting team with Final Billing preparation
- Work with IT on project management and reporting needs
- Assist Project Managers and Construction Managers with construction subcontractor/purchase order coding and document management as needed
Education and Experience Prerequisites:
- Ability to multi-task is essential
- Professional & positive behavior
- Customer service attitude
- Focus on accuracy and deadlines
- Teamwork mentality
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting working as an Accountant is required
- Construction or Design Project Accounting experience is highly desirable
St. Louis, MO (Chesterfield)
About NewGround Video www.newground.com/about
Chicago | Saint Louis | Honolulu |Toronto
Why Our People Love Working at NewGround:
- We provide a comprehensive total compensation package with benefits.
- NewGround values having fun while doing what you love. That is evidenced by the fact that over 20 of our 135 employees have been with the company for 10 - 25 years.
- We understand the importance of an employee’s first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, we’ve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership team both, virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is to our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- NewGround recognizes that it’s key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees’ balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to community. Our offices in St. Louis, Chicago, and Toronto continuously find new ways to get involved whether it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.
NewGround’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
Qualified candidates should email resume to email@example.com or simply apply online at http://careers.newground.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE DO NOT UTILIZE STAFFING SERVICES.
NewGround is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.newground.com