Project Engineer - Construction
This position is for construction, NOT Information Technology. We seek construction experience.
NewGround is an experiential design-build firm that specializes in creating custom financial, healthcare and corporate facilities. Using our in-depth strategic process, we work to align a client’s new building with their brand and their culture. We believe that structure without strategic purpose is just windows and walls, and that a beautiful building is measured by how beautifully it functions.
We look in, then build up.
Supervisor Title: SVP Build Operations
The Project Engineer is a key member of the NewGround Design-Build Project Team reporting to the SVP Build Operations and supports the Project Manager. The PE will assist the PM in carrying out the daily on-site responsibilities required for the project. Additionally, the PE will assist the PM with the contract administration requirements of the project in coordination with the Project Coordinator.
Project Administration: Assist the PM with the following contract administration:
- Participate in weekly or bi-weekly project calls with PM, CM and A&E
- Attend PM Briefing Meeting CM, PM, EST, PA, ID
Submittals: Maintain Submittal Log within Procore (construction management software), including but not limited to:
- Develop and maintain Submittal Log.
- Distribute approved submittals to and review with PM.
- Prioritize long lead items for early Submittal.
- Notify subs and vendors of submittals requirements and dates due
- Review Submittals
- If Submittals meets requirements of Contract Documents and forwards to A&E
- If Submittal does NOT meet requirements of Contract Documents, review with Subcontractor or Vendor and return to them for re-Submittal
- Review incoming Submittals and advance to A&E via Procore.
- Notify A & E of all late responses on Submittals.
- Meet with A&E as necessary to review status of all outstanding Submittals.
- Coordinate with PM/CM release to fabricate or purchase and notify Subcontractor or Supplier.
- Secure all Warranty and Maintenance information.
Request For Information: Maintain the RFI Log in Procore.
- Generate and distribute RFI’s to A&E via Procore as needed.
- Assist PCM during bid operation by submitting RFI’s from Bidders review of drawings for coordination.
- Assist PM with questions on plans and specs.
- Issue RFI in Procore based on conversation with PM and/or request from Subcontractor forwarded by PM and send to A&E for Response.
- Receive RFI answer from A&E and forward to PM
- Notify and report to A&E of critical or outstanding RFI
ASI’S: Maintain the ASI Log in Procore.
- Review ASI’s and advance to Subcontractors/Suppliers via Procore for pricing, and/or schedule implications.
- Review scope of ASI with PM.
- Draft necessary SCO’s / PO’s and CCO’s as needed.
- Receive HVAC Test and Balance Report and submit report to Mechanical Engineer.
- Prepare Warranty and Maintenance Manuals and send to PM prior to Substantial Completion / Final Inspection.
- Attend Project Debriefing
- Perform all other related work, as assigned or as apparent
- Maintain knowledge of project schedule for implications related to position/duties.
- Be reliable, responsible, and cooperative
- Always maintain positive can-do attitude
- Assist the team in exceeding the Client expectations
Education And/Or Experience Prerequisites:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Architecture or Engineering preferred
- 3-5 years of experience within the construction industry in the capacity of Project Manager, Architect or Project Engineer required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Project, Word, Excel)
- Bluebeam, and Procore experience highly desirable
- LEED accreditation is preferred
St. Louis, MO (Chesterfield)
About NewGround Video www.newground.com/about
Chicago | Saint Louis | Honolulu |Toronto
Why Our People Love Working at NewGround:
- We provide a comprehensive total compensation package with benefits.
- NewGround values having fun while doing what you love. That is evidenced by the fact that over 20 of our 135 employees have been with the company for 10 - 25 years.
- We understand the importance of an employee’s first week, first month, and first year. Because of this, we’ve created multiple new-hire experiences, including a special learning program, to help our new hires feel equipped to succeed. Our new team members get the chance to hear the NewGround story from members of the leadership team both, virtually and in person.
- We celebrate many employee milestones, including a ceremony celebrating the day you started with the company and an annual service awards banquet where we provide the opportunity to learn about our fellow team members.
- We recognize how important career development is to our employees and offer opportunities for growth and advancement.
- NewGround recognizes that it’s key to strike a balance between work life and home life and places an emphasis on supporting our employees’ balanced lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves in our commitment to community. Our offices in St. Louis, Chicago, and Toronto continuously find new ways to get involved whether it be through hosting blood drives, building homes with Habitat for Humanity, friendly fundraising competitions across all offices, or through our annual United Way campaign.
NewGround’s reputation for integrity, creativity, quality, and results is the basis of our renowned status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an outstanding Employee Benefits Package to promote wellness, work/life balance and financial security for our valued team.
Qualified candidates should email resume to email@example.com or simply apply online at http://careers.newground.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WE DO NOT UTILIZE STAFFING SERVICES.
NewGround is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.newground.com.